Smile, Tina Fey, you're on SAG Awards trophy cam
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tina Fey had a surprise waiting when the "30 Rock" star arrived backstage at the Screen Actors Guild Awards to pick up her trophy.
After winning best comedy actress for the fifth time, Fey signed her name left-handed to the statuette receipt and agreement awaiting all winners at the trophy table on Sunday night.
Then she looked at her award and noticed the base was swathed in black duct tape.
"I got one with a camera," Fey said. "I saw the tape and I thought it was broken."
She was told the tiny video camera attached to the trophy would be following the award throughout the evening to record its activities for The Associated Press. At that, she leaned over and whispered sweet words to what she called "Trophy No. 775."
"I didn't expect to be out of my seat at all tonight," Fey said in the small room. "I thought I was going to get drunk."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.