Smile, Tina Fey, you're on SAG Awards trophy cam
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tina Fey had a surprise waiting when the "30 Rock" star arrived backstage at the Screen Actors Guild Awards to pick up her trophy.
After winning best comedy actress for the fifth time, Fey signed her name left-handed to the statuette receipt and agreement awaiting all winners at the trophy table on Sunday night.
Then she looked at her award and noticed the base was swathed in black duct tape.
"I got one with a camera," Fey said. "I saw the tape and I thought it was broken."
She was told the tiny video camera attached to the trophy would be following the award throughout the evening to record its activities for The Associated Press. At that, she leaned over and whispered sweet words to what she called "Trophy No. 775."
"I didn't expect to be out of my seat at all tonight," Fey said in the small room. "I thought I was going to get drunk."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?