Oscar hits the road to visit more than 10 cities
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Oscar is going on a road trip.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences says one of the golden statuettes that are handed out at the Academy Awards will visit at least 10 cities as part of Oscar's first national tour.
Beginning Monday in New York City, the golden guy's journey will be chronicled online. Fans can follow the Oscar statue's progress and even make suggestions for stops along the way.
The statuette will make appearances in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Mo., Houston, Dallas and Phoenix before arriving in Hollywood for the Academy Awards on Feb. 24. Fans in those cities will have a chance to pose for photos with the Oscar trophy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!