Updated Jan 30, 2013 - 10:39 pm
Oilers knock off Coyotes in overtime
The Oilers appeared to be on their way to helping Devan Dubnyk to his fifth career shutout, but put their goalie in a bind when Sam Gagner was called for a penalty and the Coyotes pulled goalie Chad Johnson.
Nick Johnson took advantage, whipping a shot past Dubnyk's glove side with 19 seconds left in regulation after teammate Radim Vrbata failed on a backhander.
Yakupov ended it in overtime, punching in a rebound after a shot by Ales Hemsky caromed off teammate Taylor Hall.
Dubnyk stopped 27 shots.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.