Oilers knock off Coyotes in overtime
The Oilers appeared to be on their way to helping Devan Dubnyk to his fifth career shutout, but put their goalie in a bind when Sam Gagner was called for a penalty and the Coyotes pulled goalie Chad Johnson.
Nick Johnson took advantage, whipping a shot past Dubnyk's glove side with 19 seconds left in regulation after teammate Radim Vrbata failed on a backhander.
Yakupov ended it in overtime, punching in a rebound after a shot by Ales Hemsky caromed off teammate Taylor Hall.
Dubnyk stopped 27 shots.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i