Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 9:04 am
Coyotes dealing with latest ownership twist
A report surfaced that former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison and his investment group didn't have the capital to close a $308 million arena deal with the city of Glendale by the Thursday 11:59 p.m. deadline.
The sad reality of the latest prospective ownership news has been taken in stride by the players and coaches, who suffered a 2-1 overtime loss to the Edmonton Oilers Wednesday night at Jobing.com Arena. Quite frankly, they're used to it.
"No, it's status quo for us," head coach Dave Tippett said following the loss. "I think this is not a surprise to anybody around here. It is what it is, and we'll deal with it like we've dealt with it for the the last three years...the last three-and-a-half years."
The NHL bought the Coyotes in 2009 after Jerry Moyes entered the team into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Despite the lack of an owner, the Coyotes have been a playoff team for the last three seasons and advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history last year.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?