Jude Law, Channing Tatum share Super Bowl plans
NEW YORK (AP) - British actor Jude Law says he'll be taking part in a time-honored American tradition this weekend: Super Bowl Sunday.
"I follow most sports, so of course I'm aware of it and I'll probably watch it, but I live in London and so I don't follow it that closely. It's more than just a game here, though, right? It's like have a party. Have a dip. Drink some beer," said Law.
When asked if he'll be participating in any tailgate parties when the Baltimore Ravens face off against the San Francisco 49ers, Law admitted he had no clue what "tailgating" meant.
"Really? OK. I believe you. I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not even gonna say," he said, laughing.
Luckily his "Side Effects" co-star, Channing Tatum, said he'd teach Law about Americans football traditions. He said he was heading to his New Orleans bar, Saints and Sinners for the weekend and was hoping for a good game.
"I really kind of want Baltimore to pull it out for Ray (Lewis) because it's a sweet story but I really like San Francisco's quarterback and whatnot so I think it's gonna be a really good game," said Tatum.
The actors joined their castmates, including Catherine Zeta-Jones and Rooney Mara, at the New York premiere of their psychological thriller "Side Effects" on Thursday. The film opens in U.S. theaters next Friday.
Turns out Law and Tatum have more in common than Steven Soderbergh's latest film: They've both been named People's Sexiest Man Alive.
"Yeah, there's a complete handshake and like a password and whatnot. I can't tell you any of those. I know what your next question is. It's not gonna happen. They come and kill you- all of them. All of them together come and actually murder you. Yeah, everybody. They come and take you in the night and you disappear if you explain any of those secrets," joked Tatum, the current title holder.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.