Queen Latifah production co. strikes Netflix deal
NEW YORK (AP) - Queen Latifah's production company, Flavor Unit Entertainment, has signed a deal with Netflix.
The entertainer announced Tuesday that the multiyear deal gives the streaming service first look at titles from her production company. It starts this spring.
Latifah launched Flavor Unit in New Jersey with Shakim Compere. It's now based in Miami. The company has produced films such as "Bringing Down the House" and "Just Wright," both starring Latifah. It also produced the HBO film "Life Support," which earned a Golden Globe Award for Latifah.
Latifah said in a statement that Netflix is a "strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects."
Flavor Unit is also producing the upcoming Terrence Howard thriller "House of Bodies" and "Percentage," starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.