Hathaway eyes more musicals after `Les Miserables'
BERLIN (AP) - Anne Hathaway says she'd like to do more musicals after the Oscar-nominated "Les Miserables"- but don't expect her to launch into a singing career.
Director Tom Hooper on Saturday presented his movie, an adaptation of a Broadway musical based on Victor Hugo's novel, at the Berlin film festival.
Hathaway's role as an outcast mother reduced to prostitution has won her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.
She told reporters she hopes to do more musicals and would like more to be made- "I'm a big fan of them, so that would make me very happy both as an actress and as an audience member."
But Hathaway says the experience hasn't made her more comfortable singing in public. She says: "I have no plans for recording an album."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.