Jude Law brings psychiatrist role to Berlin fest
BERLIN (AP) - Jude Law says his biggest challenge in preparing for Steven Soderbergh's new thriller "Side Effects" was psychological: convincing himself that he could play a psychiatrist properly.
The movie has its international premiere Tuesday at the Berlin film festival, where it's one of 19 contenders for the top Golden Bear award. British actor Law plays a psychiatrist who prescribes a new drug he's testing out as part of a lucrative deal with a pharmaceutical giant.
Law told reporters he was faced with "overcoming the reality that I wasn't going to be able to go to medical school in the time it took to prepare for the part."
He added: "I didn't have a huge relationship with pharmaceuticals or an understanding of them."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.