Oscar host MacFarlane wins laughs during rehearsal
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Early reviews for Seth MacFarlane's Oscar-hosting skills are very positive.
Of course, the Academy Awards won't be presented until Sunday, but MacFarlane won laughs from the show's director during a rehearsal Thursday night inside the Dolby Theatre.
The 39-year-old entertainer wore jeans and sneakers as he practiced the various introductions he'll make on show night.
"Excellent. Looks really, really good, Seth," director Don Mischer's voice boomed over a loudspeaker onstage. "You're getting lots of laughs in the control room."
The jokes? We're sworn to secrecy but yes, very funny.
Sandra Bullock got a few laughs of her own at the rehearsal. The actress breezed through the theater for a quick rehearsal wearing sky-high heels with cropped pants and pin-straight hair, a credential hanging from her neck. She chewed gum, chatted with MacFarlane and left the show's producers cracking up.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.