Leon Lai happy as ambassador for HK entertainment
HONG KONG (AP) - Leon Lai says he's delighted to be the ambassador for Entertainment Expo Hong Kong.
The veteran entertainer says he wanted to do something and Hong Kong has a lot of singers and actors, "who are making albums and shooting films here, they're supporting this industry as well."
He spoke Tuesday before the expo starting March 18 that covers film, television, digital entertainment and music.
Lai also says he enjoyed Taiwanese director Ang Lee's "Life of Pi." The special effects-heavy film was made mostly in Taiwan and won four Academy Awards.
But Lai says comparisons to the government support offered in Taiwan are not useful for Hong Kong's film industry.
It depends on what filmmakers ask. He says, "If we have a reasonable request, I think the government will support us."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.