Steven Spielberg to head Cannes jury this year
PARIS (AP) - France's Cannes Film Festival says it has finally snagged Steven Spielberg to serve as president of the award jury this year.
Gilles Jacob, the festival's president, recounted how he had been trying to get the award-winning director to head the jury for years- but the American was always working. Finally, this year, Spielberg got in touch.
"When this year I was told `E.T., phone home,' I understood and immediately replied: `At last!'" Jacob said in a statement posted on the festival's website Thursday.
Spielberg, who was nominated but didn't win the directing Oscar for his biopic "Lincoln" this year, takes the reins from Italian Nanni Moretti. The festival takes place in the glamorous French Mediterranean resort of Cannes from May 15 to 26.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!