Updated Mar 5, 2013 - 6:24 pm
Shane Doan does not lament obstacles thrown at Phoenix Coyotes
From dealing with a never-ending ownership situation (that is currently not good, by the way) to the short end of the stick with scheduling at times, it seems like the team is constantly facing an uphill battle.
And then, it seems, they have to deal with shoddy officiating at times, too.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Coyotes captain Shane Doan said the team deals with it all because it really has no other choice.
"It goes back to looking ahead, kind of the attitude that (head coach Dave Tippett) has installed in us," Doan said. "And that we, as a group of players, take a little bit of pride in."
That's not to say the Coyotes wouldn't mind catching a few breaks at some point, but until that happens Doan says it's imperative the team does not ever get in a mentality that has them waiting for bad things to happen.
"It's like 'ahh I can't believe it's happening to us again' and then it happens again," he said.
Doan said Tippett reminds them to just keep looking ahead, saying their job is to win hockey games no matter what.
"It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy almost where if you believe that you're going to get the short end and then you believe it's going to cost you a game, it ends up costing you the game," he said. "But if you believe you can do it then it becomes a challenge and you can answer."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?