NHL.com: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson among early Norris finalists
The Phoenix Coyotes may soon be able to boast a Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in their lineup.
According to NHL.com, Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is currently among the favorites to be a finalist for the annual award given to the best D-man in the league.
Ekman-Larsson has been on the ice for 26 Coyotes goals at even strength, which was the most of any player in the NHL at the end of the games Friday.
The 21-year-old Swede has posted three goals and 14 assists in 25 games this season for the 'Yotes. He leads the team in total points (17), plus-minus (+7) and time on ice per game (25:13).
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.