NHL.com: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson among early Norris finalists
The Phoenix Coyotes may soon be able to boast a Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in their lineup.
According to NHL.com, Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is currently among the favorites to be a finalist for the annual award given to the best D-man in the league.
Ekman-Larsson has been on the ice for 26 Coyotes goals at even strength, which was the most of any player in the NHL at the end of the games Friday.
The 21-year-old Swede has posted three goals and 14 assists in 25 games this season for the 'Yotes. He leads the team in total points (17), plus-minus (+7) and time on ice per game (25:13).
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?