Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 10:20 pm
Shane Doan ends Phoenix Coyotes' scoreless streak Tuesday night
Captain Shane Doan's 10th goal of the year at the 11:28 mark of the third period Tuesday night kept the Coyotes from joining the Seals as the only two teams in NHL history to go four straight games without a goal since 1929-30.
Before Doan's goal, Phoenix had gone scoreless for a franchise-record 245 minutes and 33 seconds -- dating back to Rob Klinkhammer's tally at the 9:05 mark of third period against the Los Angeles Kings on March 12.
Doan later added his second goal of the night, but the Coyotes dropped their fifth straight on the road with a 3-2 loss to the Kings.
During their scoreless streak, the Coyotes were shut out by three different goaltenders (Jake Allen, Sergei Bobrovsky and Jonathan Quick).
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.