Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 10:20 pm
Shane Doan ends Phoenix Coyotes' scoreless streak Tuesday night
Captain Shane Doan's 10th goal of the year at the 11:28 mark of the third period Tuesday night kept the Coyotes from joining the Seals as the only two teams in NHL history to go four straight games without a goal since 1929-30.
Before Doan's goal, Phoenix had gone scoreless for a franchise-record 245 minutes and 33 seconds -- dating back to Rob Klinkhammer's tally at the 9:05 mark of third period against the Los Angeles Kings on March 12.
Doan later added his second goal of the night, but the Coyotes dropped their fifth straight on the road with a 3-2 loss to the Kings.
During their scoreless streak, the Coyotes were shut out by three different goaltenders (Jake Allen, Sergei Bobrovsky and Jonathan Quick).
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?