Updated Mar 25, 2013 - 4:06 pm
Will Smith wanted the lead role in 'Django Unchained'
The actor said, "Django wasn't the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead. The other character was the lead!"
The other character that Smith is referring to is the bounty hunter, played by Christoph Waltz.
Smith even begged Tarantino to adapt Django's character to be more dominant in the film. "I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!'"
Apparently, this was no meager role for Jamie Foxx, who later took the part.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.