Updated Mar 29, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Coyotes acquire junior forward Tobias Rieder from Oilers
#Coyotes have acquired forward Tobias Rieder from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for forward Kale Kessy.— Rich Nairn (@RichNairn9) March 29, 2013
Rieder, a fourth-round pick by the Oilers back in 2011, has quite a scoring pedigree despite being just 20 years of age. In 2011-12, Rieder played for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League and scored 85 points (42 goals and 43 assists) in 60 games.
In 52 games this season, Rieder has 27 goals and 56 points for the Rangers.
Kessy has played 31 games this season for the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League. He has 12 goals and 44 penalty minutes.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.