Updated Mar 29, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Coyotes acquire junior forward Tobias Rieder from Oilers
#Coyotes have acquired forward Tobias Rieder from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for forward Kale Kessy.— Rich Nairn (@RichNairn9) March 29, 2013
Rieder, a fourth-round pick by the Oilers back in 2011, has quite a scoring pedigree despite being just 20 years of age. In 2011-12, Rieder played for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League and scored 85 points (42 goals and 43 assists) in 60 games.
In 52 games this season, Rieder has 27 goals and 56 points for the Rangers.
Kessy has played 31 games this season for the Kamloops Blazers of the Western Hockey League. He has 12 goals and 44 penalty minutes.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.