'Transformers' plans casting call on Chinese TV
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Reality television in China will help cast the next "Transformers" flick.
Backers of the fourth installment in the blockbuster franchise say four people will win roles through the "`Transformers 4' Chinese Actors Talent Search Reality Show."
The televised series will begin airing in June and will be open to professionals and amateurs. Two of the "Transformers" roles will go to professional Chinese actors and two will go to people with no acting experience.
The judges include "Transformers" producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Sid Ganis, former Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president. He now heads Jiaflix Enterprises, which helped broker a production-assistance deal for the film between Paramount Pictures and China Movie Channel.
Starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Michael Bay, "Transformers 4" is due in theaters in June 2014.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.