Woman in Hugh Jackman NYC stalking case indicted
NEW YORK (AP) - A woman accused of stalking Hugh Jackman and throwing a razor at him has been indicted by a New York City grand jury.
The New York Post reports ( http://bit.ly/11oD5xr) Kathleen Thurston appeared briefly in Manhattan Criminal Court on Friday. The charges remain sealed until Thurston's next court date May 8.
Police say Thurston pulled out a razor filled with hair and threw it at the "X-Men" star when he was working out in a gym in the West Village neighborhood Sunday. They say the Bakersfield, Calif., native then fled and was arrested several blocks away. Jackman wasn't hurt.
Police had charged Thurston with stalking and other charges.
Legal Aid lawyer Liz Beal tells the newspaper she's trying to figure out whether Thurston is mentally fit for trial.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.