Golden Globes set for Jan. 12, starts award season
LOS ANGELES (AP) - With the Golden Globes ceremony scheduled for next January, Hollywood's 2014 awards season is set.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association said Thursday that the Golden Globe Awards will be presented on Jan. 12.
Awards shows face additional scheduling challenges to avoid overlap with the 2014 Winter Olympics, set for Feb. 7 to 23 in Sochi, Russia.
Globes organizers snatched up the last available weekend in January for the 71st annual ceremony. The Screen Actors Guild Awards are Jan. 18. The Producers Guild of America will hold its awards ceremony on Jan. 19. And the Directors Guild will present its annual honors on Jan. 25.
The 86th annual Academy Awards are set for March 2.
Golden Globe nominations will be announced Dec. 12.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.