Life of Pi star says blessing to work with Ang Lee
NEW DELHI (AP) - "Life of Pi" actor Suraj Sharma credits director Ang Lee with setting him on a path to continue with a career in movies.
Sharma told The Times of India in an interview published Tuesday that getting to work with the Oscar-winning director on "Life of Pi" was a blessing.
"The amount I learned and did was awesome. Ang gave me a path. Before that, I didn't even know what I would do in life," he was quoted as saying. After making the movie, "I know I want to tell stories," he said.
"I don't know whether I just want to act or be behind the camera, holding the camera or just being the boom director. But I want to be on the sets. It has to be something to do with cinema," he said.
Sharma, 20, said his next Hollywood film will be "Million Dollar Arm." The film revolves around a real-life reality show that searched for potential Major League Baseball pitchers among Indian cricketers.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!