Keira Knightley says 'oui' to rocker James Righton
PARIS (AP) - A French mayor says Oscar-nominated actress Keira Knightley has said "oui" to rocker James Righton in a small wedding ceremony in southern France.
Aime Navello said Sunday the couple followed French tradition when he married them at the Mazan town hall on Saturday. Navello read the service in French and the couple responded in French and English. He said about 10 people were present.
Righton is keyboard player for the rock group Klaxons. He and Knightley got engaged a year ago.
Knightley first won notice for her role as a soccer-playing teenager in "Bend It Like Beckham."
She went on to star in the first three "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies and was nominated for an Oscar for playing Elizabeth Bennet in an adaptation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.