Updated May 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Report: Pastor group bid for Coyotes submitted, worth more than previous offers
According to FoxSportsArizona.com's Craig Morgan, the group headed by Darin Pastor has delivered its bid to purchase the team to the NHL.
Morgan writes that the bid is believed to be worth more than any other to purchase the team, and would include less of an annual commitment from the City of Glendale to manage Jobing.com Arena.
The group also wants an option to purchase the arena, as well as an out-clause after five years.
Pastor was in Scottsdale on Friday meeting with representatives of Kutak Rock LLP, the firm his group just retained that specializes in the municipal bond market and is expected to play a major role in brokering a deal with Glendale.
Pastor could not be reached for comment, but it is believed that the group would like to have a deal closed as soon as possible - probably in no more than a month's time - in order to manage myriad other issues, including the expiring contracts of general manager Don Maloney, coach Dave Tippett and goalie Mike Smith.
There's no doubt everyone -- from fans, the NHL, the Coyotes and their players -- would like to see this situation settled as soon as possible. But if the last four years have taught us anything, it's that the Coyotes won't have an owner until they actually have an owner.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.