Updated May 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Report: Pastor group bid for Coyotes submitted, worth more than previous offers
According to FoxSportsArizona.com's Craig Morgan, the group headed by Darin Pastor has delivered its bid to purchase the team to the NHL.
Morgan writes that the bid is believed to be worth more than any other to purchase the team, and would include less of an annual commitment from the City of Glendale to manage Jobing.com Arena.
The group also wants an option to purchase the arena, as well as an out-clause after five years.
Pastor was in Scottsdale on Friday meeting with representatives of Kutak Rock LLP, the firm his group just retained that specializes in the municipal bond market and is expected to play a major role in brokering a deal with Glendale.
Pastor could not be reached for comment, but it is believed that the group would like to have a deal closed as soon as possible - probably in no more than a month's time - in order to manage myriad other issues, including the expiring contracts of general manager Don Maloney, coach Dave Tippett and goalie Mike Smith.
There's no doubt everyone -- from fans, the NHL, the Coyotes and their players -- would like to see this situation settled as soon as possible. But if the last four years have taught us anything, it's that the Coyotes won't have an owner until they actually have an owner.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.