Updated May 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Report: Pastor group bid for Coyotes submitted, worth more than previous offers
According to FoxSportsArizona.com's Craig Morgan, the group headed by Darin Pastor has delivered its bid to purchase the team to the NHL.
Morgan writes that the bid is believed to be worth more than any other to purchase the team, and would include less of an annual commitment from the City of Glendale to manage Jobing.com Arena.
The group also wants an option to purchase the arena, as well as an out-clause after five years.
Pastor was in Scottsdale on Friday meeting with representatives of Kutak Rock LLP, the firm his group just retained that specializes in the municipal bond market and is expected to play a major role in brokering a deal with Glendale.
Pastor could not be reached for comment, but it is believed that the group would like to have a deal closed as soon as possible - probably in no more than a month's time - in order to manage myriad other issues, including the expiring contracts of general manager Don Maloney, coach Dave Tippett and goalie Mike Smith.
There's no doubt everyone -- from fans, the NHL, the Coyotes and their players -- would like to see this situation settled as soon as possible. But if the last four years have taught us anything, it's that the Coyotes won't have an owner until they actually have an owner.
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?