Report: Deal reached for sale of Phoenix Coyotes
Could it be? Has the saga finally come to a close?
A deal has been reportedly agreed upon for the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to an ownership group.
Fox Sports Arizona's Craig Morgan confirmed reports Friday on his Twitter page that NHL officials Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, along with George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc of the Renaissance Sports & Entertainment group, will meet with Glendale officials next week.
Sources also telling me that the NHL and Gosbee/LeBlanc (Renaissance Sports & Entertainment) have agreed to a deal for #Coyotes purchase.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) May 25, 2013
Morgan went on to tweet that Glendale Councilman Gary Sheerwood has been holding informal meetings with people related to the management of Jobing.com Arena.
While the sale may be approved by the NHL, any prospective buyer would still have to strike a deal with Glendale for the management of the city-owned arena.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!