Report: Deal reached for sale of Phoenix Coyotes
Could it be? Has the saga finally come to a close?
A deal has been reportedly agreed upon for the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes to an ownership group.
Fox Sports Arizona's Craig Morgan confirmed reports Friday on his Twitter page that NHL officials Gary Bettman and Bill Daly, along with George Gosbee and Anthony LeBlanc of the Renaissance Sports & Entertainment group, will meet with Glendale officials next week.
Sources also telling me that the NHL and Gosbee/LeBlanc (Renaissance Sports & Entertainment) have agreed to a deal for #Coyotes purchase.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) May 25, 2013
Morgan went on to tweet that Glendale Councilman Gary Sheerwood has been holding informal meetings with people related to the management of Jobing.com Arena.
While the sale may be approved by the NHL, any prospective buyer would still have to strike a deal with Glendale for the management of the city-owned arena.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippet reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.