Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 3:32 pm
Report: Coyotes, Dave Tippett agree to contract pending sale of the team
Tippett, who joined the Coyotes shortly before the 2009-10 season, guided the team to three straight postseason appearances before falling just short last season. In all, the team is 156-96-42 under his leadership, and he figured to be one of the most sought-after coaches on the market should his contract have exired.
Of course, the stipulation that the ownership situation being settled is a dicey one, because the saga of the NHL trying to find someone who will buy the team and keep it in Arizona is still ongoing. The latest report has the city of Glendale knowing that time is running out to come to an agreement, as failure to do so could lead to the team relocating.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.