Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 3:32 pm
Report: Coyotes, Dave Tippett agree to contract pending sale of the team
Tippett, who joined the Coyotes shortly before the 2009-10 season, guided the team to three straight postseason appearances before falling just short last season. In all, the team is 156-96-42 under his leadership, and he figured to be one of the most sought-after coaches on the market should his contract have exired.
Of course, the stipulation that the ownership situation being settled is a dicey one, because the saga of the NHL trying to find someone who will buy the team and keep it in Arizona is still ongoing. The latest report has the city of Glendale knowing that time is running out to come to an agreement, as failure to do so could lead to the team relocating.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?