'Independence Day 2'? Yeah, it's happening
After almost two decades of watching Will Smith punch an alien in the face, the world is ready to see a sequel to one of the most memorable movies of the '90s.
The Huffington Post said that Twentieth Century Fox is planning to release the film in the summer of 2015.
"We resisted doing the sequel for years because we still wanted to honor the first one. The first one gave us all careers and we really love that movie and loved the experience," original "Independence Day" co-screenwriter Dean Devlin said in an interview with THR last year. "I feel like we got it. I think it took a long time, but I feel like we finally got something that really feels like, 'That's worth seeing as a sequel to 'Independence Day.'"
It's still unclear whether Will Smith will reprise his role of Captain Steven Hiller, but Roland Emmerich will come back to direct the second installment.
Others movies expected for the summer of 2015 are "The Avengers 2," "Pirates of the Caribbean 5," "Jurassic Park 4" and possibly "Star Wars: Episode VII."
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.