In Romania, Ethan Hawke promotes movie, education
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - Actor Ethan Hawke says it's crucial that all children get an education from an early age, pointing to his own daughter's struggles with dyslexia.
Hawke spoke Wednesday in Romania, where he is promoting his recent film "Before Midnight."
His mother, Leslie Hawke, has worked with some of Romania's most impoverished young children. She has been raising awareness and educational funds for Romanian children since arriving here as a Peace Corps volunteer in 2000.
The Hollywood star told reporters that he is "affected by children whether it is in New York or Romania." He says his "eldest daughter is dyslexic ... if she were from a poor family everyone would assume she was stupid."
"Before Midnight" premiered in May and is the third in the series, following 1995's "Before Sunrise" and 2004's "Before Sunset." Hawke plays Jesse, who is married to Frenchwoman Celine.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?