Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 8:49 am
Report: Phoenix Coyotes close to signing goalie Mike Smith to new six-year deal
According to TSN Insider Darren Dreger, the Coyotes are close to signing goalie Mike Smith to a new six-year contract extension worth up to 5.7 million a year.
Smith, who signed a two-year deal with Phoenix in July 2011, went 38-18-10 with a 2.23 goals against average in 2011-12 and helped lead the franchise to its first ever appearance in the Western Conference Finals.
Although injuries and inconsistent play (15-12-5 with 2.58 GAA) highlighted his time between the pipes during the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, Smith still tied for the league-lead with five shutouts.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!