Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Michael Stone
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes signed restricted free agent defenseman Michael Stone to a multi-year deal on Thursday.
The deal is for three years.
Stone, a young defenseman, came into his own last season with the Coyotes, where he posted five goals and four assists for nine total points over 48 games, all of which were career highs for a season.
"We are pleased to sign Michael to a multi-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a release.. "Michael is a big, strong, versatile young defenseman who has quickly developed into solid blueliner for our hockey team. We are looking forward to having him in our lineup this season."
In his career, Stone has scored six goals and six assists.
"I am excited to be back with the Coyotes," said Stone in a release. "We have a great group of defensemen and coaches here and I'm looking forward to working hard and getting better next season."
Stone averaged 16:41 per game in ice time last season.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!