Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Michael Stone
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes signed restricted free agent defenseman Michael Stone to a multi-year deal on Thursday.
The deal is for three years.
Stone, a young defenseman, came into his own last season with the Coyotes, where he posted five goals and four assists for nine total points over 48 games, all of which were career highs for a season.
"We are pleased to sign Michael to a multi-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a release.. "Michael is a big, strong, versatile young defenseman who has quickly developed into solid blueliner for our hockey team. We are looking forward to having him in our lineup this season."
In his career, Stone has scored six goals and six assists.
"I am excited to be back with the Coyotes," said Stone in a release. "We have a great group of defensemen and coaches here and I'm looking forward to working hard and getting better next season."
Stone averaged 16:41 per game in ice time last season.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.