Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 11:12 am
Report: Edmonton Oilers sign Boyd Gordon, Jason LaBarbera
PHOENIX -- The Edmonton Oilers snapped up two former Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday.
Within just a few minutes, the Oiles penned former Coyotes center Boyd Gordon and goaltender Jason LaBarbera to deals, according to the team's Twitter page.
TSN's Bob McKenzie reported that Gordon signed a deal worth $3 million per year and LaBarbera signed a deal worth $1 million per year.
Gordon, who signed a three-year deal, posted 4 goals and 10 assists last season. He is best known for his penalty killing abilities, gritty defense and faceoff skills.
LaBarbera, who signed a one-year deal, posted a 2.64 goals-against average and a .923 save percentage. Overall, he posted a 4-6-2 record last record in Phoenix.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.