Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Chris Summers
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes said Thursday they had re-signed defenseman Chris Summers to a one-year deal.
"We are pleased to sign Chris to a one-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a press release. "Chris is an excellent skater and continues to improve each season. He adds depth to our blueline corps and we look forward to having him back in our lineup this season."
Summers has appeared in a total of 29 games with the Coyotes. In those games, he is 0-3-3 with 24 penalty minutes.
"I'm very excited to continue my career with the Phoenix Coyotes," said Summers in the release. "Today is a very exciting day for me and my family. I am looking forward to a great season."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.