Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Chris Summers
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes said Thursday they had re-signed defenseman Chris Summers to a one-year deal.
"We are pleased to sign Chris to a one-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a press release. "Chris is an excellent skater and continues to improve each season. He adds depth to our blueline corps and we look forward to having him back in our lineup this season."
Summers has appeared in a total of 29 games with the Coyotes. In those games, he is 0-3-3 with 24 penalty minutes.
"I'm very excited to continue my career with the Phoenix Coyotes," said Summers in the release. "Today is a very exciting day for me and my family. I am looking forward to a great season."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?