Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 8:41 pm
Report: G Chad Johnson signs one-year deal with Bruins
Former Phoenix Coyotes and AHL Portland Pirates goaltender Chad Johnson is headed to Beantown.
AHL beat writer Chris Roy tweeted Johnson agreed to terms with the Boston Bruins on a one-year contract.
The Coyotes called up Johnson to serve as their backup netminder at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season after starting goaltender Mike Smith suffered a lower body injury.
The 6'3", 195-pound Calgary native played in four games for the Coyotes last season. He went 2-0-2 with a 1.21 GAA and .954 save percentage.
The Coyotes also parted ways with backup goaltender Jason LaBarbera on Thursday, who went on to sign with Edmonton. Phoenix then agreed to a one-year contract with his replacement free agent netminder Thomas Greiss earlier Friday.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!