Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 8:41 pm
Report: G Chad Johnson signs one-year deal with Bruins
Former Phoenix Coyotes and AHL Portland Pirates goaltender Chad Johnson is headed to Beantown.
AHL beat writer Chris Roy tweeted Johnson agreed to terms with the Boston Bruins on a one-year contract.
The Coyotes called up Johnson to serve as their backup netminder at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season after starting goaltender Mike Smith suffered a lower body injury.
The 6'3", 195-pound Calgary native played in four games for the Coyotes last season. He went 2-0-2 with a 1.21 GAA and .954 save percentage.
The Coyotes also parted ways with backup goaltender Jason LaBarbera on Thursday, who went on to sign with Edmonton. Phoenix then agreed to a one-year contract with his replacement free agent netminder Thomas Greiss earlier Friday.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.