Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 8:41 pm
Report: G Chad Johnson signs one-year deal with Bruins
Former Phoenix Coyotes and AHL Portland Pirates goaltender Chad Johnson is headed to Beantown.
AHL beat writer Chris Roy tweeted Johnson agreed to terms with the Boston Bruins on a one-year contract.
The Coyotes called up Johnson to serve as their backup netminder at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season after starting goaltender Mike Smith suffered a lower body injury.
The 6'3", 195-pound Calgary native played in four games for the Coyotes last season. He went 2-0-2 with a 1.21 GAA and .954 save percentage.
The Coyotes also parted ways with backup goaltender Jason LaBarbera on Thursday, who went on to sign with Edmonton. Phoenix then agreed to a one-year contract with his replacement free agent netminder Thomas Greiss earlier Friday.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?