Coyotes move a step closer toward having an owner
GLENDALE, Ariz -- The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
Daryl Jones, partner with Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, tweeted on Monday that the lease agreement with the City of Glendale has been executed.
The Glendale City Council approved a 15-year, $225 million arena lease deal with RSE during a special session last week.
RSE still has to complete its purchase of the team and get approval from the NHL's Board of Governors, but those are expected to be formalities.
The Coyotes have been run by the league the past four years after former owner Jerry Moyes took the team into bankruptcy in 2009.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.