Brazilian police arrest French movie producer
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - Brazilian police say they have arrested a French movie producer wanted in his home country on international drug trafficking charges.
The Federal Police office in Rio de Janeiro says in a brief statement that Marc Alain Francois Gouyou Beauchamps was arrested Tuesday on a French extradition request. The statement says Beauchamps had been sought since 2011. It provided no further details.
Beauchamps was a co-producer of Brazil's hit 2002 movie "City of God" and helped make several other films set in Brazil
He was taken to the Ary Franco penitentiary to await the outcome of the extradition request.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!