Brazilian police arrest French movie producer
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - Brazilian police say they have arrested a French movie producer wanted in his home country on international drug trafficking charges.
The Federal Police office in Rio de Janeiro says in a brief statement that Marc Alain Francois Gouyou Beauchamps was arrested Tuesday on a French extradition request. The statement says Beauchamps had been sought since 2011. It provided no further details.
Beauchamps was a co-producer of Brazil's hit 2002 movie "City of God" and helped make several other films set in Brazil
He was taken to the Ary Franco penitentiary to await the outcome of the extradition request.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.