Correction: Comic-Con-Divergent story
SAN DIEGO (AP) - In a story July 18 about the film "Divergent," The Associated Press misspelled the name of a group in the future society. It is Dauntless, not Gauntless.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Comic-Con attendees get first look at `Divergent'
7,000 Comic-Con attendees get first look at footage from new film `Divergent'
By CHRIS TALBOTT
AP Music Writer
SAN DIEGO (AP)- Fans at Comic-Con on Thursday got the very first look at footage from the highly anticipated new film "Divergent."
Director Neil Burger played the two-minute clip for about 7,000 attendees at the Summit Entertainment panel. He noted shooting wrapped just two days ago in Chicago "so it's very fresh for all of us."
The movie, based on the first novel of the same title in a trilogy by author Veronica Roth, follows 16-year-old Tris as she tries to choose what direction her life will take in a dystopian near future. Chicago is now a walled city, and the people who live there are grouped into five factions. Tris, played by Shailene Woodley, is vying to join the Dauntless, made up of the bravest members of this future society.
The film, to be released in March, is expected to tap into the same audience that clamored for "The Hunger Games."
Roth also told fans the final book in the series, "Allegiant," will be narrated by both Tris and Four. It's to be released later this year.
The clip showed Woodley jumping from a moving train on Chicago's famed elevated transport system onto a roof, leaping several stories into a deep hole, crowd surfing in a cafeteria full of Dauntless members, facing down thrown knives and climbing a ferris wheel.
It also featured a few electric moments between Woodley and fellow star Theo James, who plays Four.
After asking James a question, panel host Chris Hardwick acknowledged the actor's hunky status.
"Honestly, listening to your accent, half the crowd just got pregnant," he joked.
Follow AP Music Writer Chris Talbott: http://twitter.com/Chris_Talbott.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.