`Hunger Games' cast debuts trailer at Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO (AP) - The cast of "The Hunger Games" is making its Comic-Con debut, along with the trailer for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and Lenny Kravitz were among the film's stars who watched the trailer for the first time Saturday with more than 6,000 dedicated fans.
Lawrence and Hutcherson also talked about their kissing scenes in the film. She said they involved "a lot of slobber."
Hutcherson said, "It will be really hot if you're into snot."
Lawrence also discussed training for the stunts she performs in the film but noted, "the hardest stunt is probably still just basic running."
She said she runs "weird" and added that she had a running coach for the film.
Lawrence, who won the best actress Oscar earlier this year for her role in "Silver Linings Playbook" and was previously nominated for "Winter's Bone," said that the Hunger Games Victory Tour is not unlike navigating Hollywood's awards season.
"The stakes weren't as high," she quipped. Contestants in "The Hunger Games" must kill their competitors.
The actress also made another Oscars-"Hunger Games" connection: Her favorite costume from the new film is a voluminous wedding dress with a skirt five feet in diameter.
"I'm not good at walking in giant dresses, as we know," she said, referring to the spill she took on her way to claim her Oscar in a full-skirted gown.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" opens in November.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.