Tom Cruise dazzles fans at his first Comic-Con
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Tom Cruise was almost as excited to be at Comic-Con as fans were to see him.
The megastar came to the pop-culture festival Saturday for the first time to showcase his latest film, "Edge of Tomorrow."
In the dark story set in the near future, Cruise's character is forced to become a metal-clad soldier. Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton also star, and both appeared with Cruise inside the San Diego Convention Center's largest hall.
Cruise told the crowd that he's always wanted to come to Comic-Con and was especially eager to see convention-goers' colorful costumes.
He said his greatest aspiration is to entertain, and he called it a dream and an honor.
"Edge of Tomorrow" is set for release next summer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.