Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 9:18 pm
Report: RSE may not finalize Coyotes deal
On Wednesday, Phoenix Business Journal reported that some financing of the deal has not been finalized as the ownership group looks to officially buy the team out of bankruptcy from the NHL.
It was not clear how serious these issues were to the deal, but one of the partners in the group, Daryl Jones, immediately denied the legitimacy of the report via Twitter on Wednesday.
RSE and the NHL have until August 5 to finalize the purchase to keep the team in Glendale for at least the next five seasons.
Fox Sports Arizona writer Craig Morgan also chimed in on the report, tweeting that it would, indeed, close before the Monday deadline.
Restating tweets from earlier this week: The #Coyotes sale is on track for closing by Monday deadline; NHL BOG will approve deal this week.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) July 31, 2013
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?