Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 9:18 pm
Report: RSE may not finalize Coyotes deal
On Wednesday, Phoenix Business Journal reported that some financing of the deal has not been finalized as the ownership group looks to officially buy the team out of bankruptcy from the NHL.
It was not clear how serious these issues were to the deal, but one of the partners in the group, Daryl Jones, immediately denied the legitimacy of the report via Twitter on Wednesday.
RSE and the NHL have until August 5 to finalize the purchase to keep the team in Glendale for at least the next five seasons.
Fox Sports Arizona writer Craig Morgan also chimed in on the report, tweeting that it would, indeed, close before the Monday deadline.
Restating tweets from earlier this week: The #Coyotes sale is on track for closing by Monday deadline; NHL BOG will approve deal this week.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) July 31, 2013
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.