Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 9:18 pm
Report: RSE may not finalize Coyotes deal
On Wednesday, Phoenix Business Journal reported that some financing of the deal has not been finalized as the ownership group looks to officially buy the team out of bankruptcy from the NHL.
It was not clear how serious these issues were to the deal, but one of the partners in the group, Daryl Jones, immediately denied the legitimacy of the report via Twitter on Wednesday.
RSE and the NHL have until August 5 to finalize the purchase to keep the team in Glendale for at least the next five seasons.
Fox Sports Arizona writer Craig Morgan also chimed in on the report, tweeting that it would, indeed, close before the Monday deadline.
Restating tweets from earlier this week: The #Coyotes sale is on track for closing by Monday deadline; NHL BOG will approve deal this week.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) July 31, 2013
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!