Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 1:44 pm
Bryan Cranston reportedly cast to play Lex Luthor in 'Man of Steel' sequel
"Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston will want to keep his head shaved for his purported next big role: Superman's arch-nemesis Lex Luthor.
Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor in what is said to be at least a six "appearance" deal (think of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury popping up in every Marvel movie in the run-up to Avengers) and may be as high as ten.
Look for the official announcement to follow the conclusion to the final season of "Breaking Bad" as WB wants to dovetail off the end of that.
Mark Strong, star of AMC's newest series, "Low Winter Sun," was also considered for the Luthor role, but may have ultimately been passed over because of his role as another DC Comics villain, Sinestro, in the 2011 flick "Green Lantern."
DC is going to have all of their main characters liberally appearing or at least mentioned in all of their movies to portray a more connected world than what Marvel Studios has done so far.
Cosmic Book News also says Ben Affleck allegedly has a 13-appearance deal as Batman, and that Matt Damon is drawing some interest from DC to join the Justice League as a future character.
Zack Snyder will return to direct the untitled "Man of Steel" sequel, which has a tentative release date of July 17, 2015.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.