Phoenix Coyotes to host scrimmage benefiting Yarnell 19
"With our players back in town for training camp, this will be the first opportunity for the Coyotes organization to do something special to help raise funds for the families of those firefighters who were lost in the tragic fire in Yarnell," said Co-Owner and Chair of Coyotes Charities Dave Duckett. "We are confident that a large number of our fans will attend the game to support the families that were affected."
Fans can also donate on the Coyotes' website or by texting "Coyotes" to 68494. At the game, the team will also auction off autographed tribute jerseys worn before the game and donate whatever is raised from the auction, along with the 50/50 raffle and special pins, to the Glendale Firefighters Charities which will help those families.
Additionally, IceArizona, the Coyotes' new ownership group, will be matching money raised to donate to the Granite Mountain Hotshots families.
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?