Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 11:38 pm
Coyotes raise more than $165,000 for families of late Granite Mountain Hotshots
There were three check presentations:
-$5,000 from the Coyotes alumni group
-$25,000 from the Coyotes players
-$135,198 from the Coyotes ownership group
In all, $165,198 was raised.
Head coach Dave Tippett called it an "unbelieveable, successful night."
The final score was Red 2, White 1
Mikkel Boedker and Andy Miele scored for the Red team, both past goalie Mike Smith while Rob Klinkhammer scored for the White team.
The night ended with a shootout. Unfortunately nobody scored until Brendan Shinnimin on the 16th opportunity.
Shane Doan didn't play the last half of the game. He left with some sort of muscle pull, according to Tippett, who added that the injury was nothing serious.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.