Tupac Shakur biopic to be filmed in 2014
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A new biopic on slain rapper Tupac Shakur is coming.
Morgan Creek Productions and Emmett/Furla Films announced in a Thursday news release they are in final negotiations to partner on the production of "Tupac." The picture will begin filming next year in Atlanta.
Gunned down in 1996 in Las Vegas, Shakur's murder has not been solved. He remains a towering figure in rap music, the subject of Elvis-like conspiracy theories and one of two slain symbols with Biggie Smalls of the East Coast-West Coast beef that ruled rap for a time in the 1990s.
The film will be executive produced by Shakur's mother, Afeni Shakur.
The news release says the film will center on Shakur's life, but makes no mention of who will star as the rapper or who will direct.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.