Couture leads Sharks to OT win over Coyotes
Couture's winner gave the Sharks their second victory of the preseason just 32 seconds after the Coyotes were called for having too many men on the ice.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson gave the Coyotes a 1-0 lead with 9:52 left in the first when he got a wrist shot past Harri Sateri. Just 52 seconds into the second, the Sharks capitalized on a four-minute double-minor penalty to Chris Brown and tied it up when Freddie Hamilton quickly scored on a power play.
Jason Demers gave San Jose a 2-1 lead when he scored on a power play with 8:23 remaining in the second as he was able to skip the puck past Mike Smith. Phoenix evened the score with 31 seconds left in the second when Andy Miele converted a power play.
Sateri is trying to win a spot on San Jose's roster as the backup to regular goalie Antti Niemi. He made 24 saves and Smith had 23.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.