Coyotes' Mike Smith makes history with goal vs. Red Wings
After falling behind 2-0 to the Detroit Red Wings, the 'Yotes rallied for four straight goals, ensuring that they'd sweep the season series from the team from Hockeytown.
That's when goalie Mike Smith added the cherry to a very sweet sundae for Phoenix in a 5-2 win.
With Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard on the bench after being pulled for an extra skater, the puck made it's way into the Coyotes' crease with just seconds left on the clock. Smith handled it, and did what any goalie would try to do in that situation -- he took a shot.
Three seconds and 180 feet later, the puck found the net, making Smith just the 11th goalie in NHL history to get credit for scoring a goal in a game and the first in franchise history.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.