Coyotes' Mike Smith makes history with goal vs. Red Wings
After falling behind 2-0 to the Detroit Red Wings, the 'Yotes rallied for four straight goals, ensuring that they'd sweep the season series from the team from Hockeytown.
That's when goalie Mike Smith added the cherry to a very sweet sundae for Phoenix in a 5-2 win.
With Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard on the bench after being pulled for an extra skater, the puck made it's way into the Coyotes' crease with just seconds left on the clock. Smith handled it, and did what any goalie would try to do in that situation -- he took a shot.
Three seconds and 180 feet later, the puck found the net, making Smith just the 11th goalie in NHL history to get credit for scoring a goal in a game and the first in franchise history.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.