George Clooney's 'Monuments Men' pushed to 2014
NEW YORK (AP) - George Clooney's World War II drama "The Monuments Men" is being pushed to 2014 and out of the fall awards season.
A spokesman for Sony Pictures said Wednesday the movie will now be released in the first quarter of next year, instead of its planned release date of Dec. 18. "Monuments Men," which Clooney directed, co-wrote and stars in, had been expected to be a top Oscar contender.
The film could still compete for awards next year, but the early-in-the-year positioning suggests Sony doesn't expect it to. Sony said the film is being delayed so Clooney can finish the film's extensive visual effects.
The film is about a WWII platoon whose mission is to rescue artworks from the Nazis.
The Los Angeles Times first reported the release date change.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.