Updated Oct 24, 2013 - 8:09 am
'Fifty Shades' movie finds its Christian Grey...again
A relatively unknown actor has landed the part of the sexually dominant Christian Grey, Yahoo! reports.
Irish actor Jamie Dornan, 31, will replace "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey in the film adaptation of E L James' best-selling erotic fiction series "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Dakota Johnson, 24, will remain as submissive virgin Anastasia Steele. Johnson is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
The "Fifty Shades" film will only be Dornan's second major movie credit, having played Count Axel Fersen in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" in 2006. He also recently played Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman on ABC's "Once Upon a Time" and a twisted serial killer in "The Fall," a BBC series available on Netflix.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing "Fifty Shades of Grey" for Universal Pictures and Focus Features and the movie is slated to open on Aug. 1, 2014.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.