Updated Nov 1, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Coyotes' rookie Jordan Szwarz happy to get first NHL goal early
The 22-year-old right winger, who was called up from the Portland Pirates on October 28th, ignited the Coyotes' rally in just his second NHL game.
"It's a great feeling," Szwarz said. "To get one under my belt early is awesome. [Zbynek Michalek] gave a great pass to me there. I had the mindset of just getting the puck on the net. I saw my teammates going to the net there and fortunately I got a good bounce and it went in."
While the goal would've been sweet regardless of the game's outcome, the team's comeback made it much easier for Szwarz to celebrate the milestone.
"It would've been tough if we lost that game, but we had a great character win for the guys," Szwarz said.
It's unknown how long Szwarz's stint with the team will last, but he said he's not going to waste any time while he's here.
"I don't make the decision on when I go down, I'm just going to go out there and when I get on the ice, I'm going to make the best of the opportunity."
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!