Updated Nov 1, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Coyotes' rookie Jordan Szwarz happy to get first NHL goal early
The 22-year-old right winger, who was called up from the Portland Pirates on October 28th, ignited the Coyotes' rally in just his second NHL game.
"It's a great feeling," Szwarz said. "To get one under my belt early is awesome. [Zbynek Michalek] gave a great pass to me there. I had the mindset of just getting the puck on the net. I saw my teammates going to the net there and fortunately I got a good bounce and it went in."
While the goal would've been sweet regardless of the game's outcome, the team's comeback made it much easier for Szwarz to celebrate the milestone.
"It would've been tough if we lost that game, but we had a great character win for the guys," Szwarz said.
It's unknown how long Szwarz's stint with the team will last, but he said he's not going to waste any time while he's here.
"I don't make the decision on when I go down, I'm just going to go out there and when I get on the ice, I'm going to make the best of the opportunity."
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.