Updated Nov 1, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Coyotes' rookie Jordan Szwarz happy to get first NHL goal early
The 22-year-old right winger, who was called up from the Portland Pirates on October 28th, ignited the Coyotes' rally in just his second NHL game.
"It's a great feeling," Szwarz said. "To get one under my belt early is awesome. [Zbynek Michalek] gave a great pass to me there. I had the mindset of just getting the puck on the net. I saw my teammates going to the net there and fortunately I got a good bounce and it went in."
While the goal would've been sweet regardless of the game's outcome, the team's comeback made it much easier for Szwarz to celebrate the milestone.
"It would've been tough if we lost that game, but we had a great character win for the guys," Szwarz said.
It's unknown how long Szwarz's stint with the team will last, but he said he's not going to waste any time while he's here.
"I don't make the decision on when I go down, I'm just going to go out there and when I get on the ice, I'm going to make the best of the opportunity."
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.