Updated Nov 1, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Coyotes' rookie Jordan Szwarz happy to get first NHL goal early
The 22-year-old right winger, who was called up from the Portland Pirates on October 28th, ignited the Coyotes' rally in just his second NHL game.
"It's a great feeling," Szwarz said. "To get one under my belt early is awesome. [Zbynek Michalek] gave a great pass to me there. I had the mindset of just getting the puck on the net. I saw my teammates going to the net there and fortunately I got a good bounce and it went in."
While the goal would've been sweet regardless of the game's outcome, the team's comeback made it much easier for Szwarz to celebrate the milestone.
"It would've been tough if we lost that game, but we had a great character win for the guys," Szwarz said.
It's unknown how long Szwarz's stint with the team will last, but he said he's not going to waste any time while he's here.
"I don't make the decision on when I go down, I'm just going to go out there and when I get on the ice, I'm going to make the best of the opportunity."
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.